To lead the planning and execution of Applaws and Reveal brand and trade activity for the USA. With specific focus on digital activation both brand and customer, well as ongoing omnichannel brand plans and customer marketing support including retailer range reviews, NPD, and activity sell-in and support. In addition, the roll out of the Applaws cat brand experience project.
This role requires someone with digital marketing experience, brand development, marketing communication, NPD, strong line management skills as well as energy and commitment to develop the team.
As part of your role you will deal with a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to –
- Lead the strategy and execution of annual brand plans for Reveal, Applaws cat (including brand experience project) and Applaws Taste Toppers.
- Maintain digital activation at a national level, regional level, and retailer specific to drive brand awareness and penetration for both brands (Paid Social, Paid Search, SEO, Influencer Marketing, Social Organic).
- Creation and execution of global brand communication, in line with overarching strategy (and activation calendar) to create multi-channel campaigns which effectively take our products and brands to market.
- Ongoing brand management, including updating brand guidelines/websites, developing supporting brand materials, including POS, social and digital content – either through agency partners or in-house artwork team.
- Use Test and Learn mentality to build the ideal activation plans, social media strategy, core range, NPD, design etc. for brands globally.
- Lead the strategy and execution of annual trade activation plans for Reveal, Applaws cat and Applaws Taste Toppers for key retailers (e.g., Kroger, Amazon, Meijer, Target, Publix, Petco, PetSmart, Chewy.com).
- Retailer range review meetings – development of content and presentation to key buyers/customer marketing teams.
- Ensure best in class e-commerce on retailer e-commerce sites (driving findability, conversion, and amplification).
- Closely working with Innovation Team to develop an NPD pipeline and leading NPD roll out plans for both brands (Stage Gate documentation/presentations, trade sell in decks, trade support tools, launch plans).
- Agency management (digital, design and communication agencies, including briefing, establishing processes, and building relationships to ensure accurate and timely projects delivered within budget).
- People management – 121s, appraisal process, recruitment, resource planning.
- US Budget Management – building and maintenance of Marketing Tracker, US tracker and monthly financial reporting.
- Support Marketing Director with Applaws cat experience project (research, strategic planning, brand positioning, agency pitches, timelines, project management).
- Support ROW Strategic Marketing Manager with the creation and execution of consistent global brand communications.
- Support with embedding best practice to brand compliance.
- Provide key reports, but not limited to:
- Monthly Board updates (Brand activation/ProQuo updates).
- Monthly competitor activity report.
- Weekly Marketing report
- Global Marketing Review – US presentation (with all other MPM markets).
- Sales/Broker Brand Performance presentations.
- Brand Awareness, Penetration growth and market share
Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in a timely and effective manner.
Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience.
Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth.
Effective relationship builder – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers, developing, and maintaining effective 3rd party relationships gaining trust and respect, also working alongside teams in remote offices to share learnings.
Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
Effective Communicator – ability to communicate updates and issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Highly strategic marketer.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and clarity when communicating with audiences at all levels including managing and developing the relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
- IT literate including use of Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly organised and can prioritise workloads for themselves and team.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Proven ability to motivate, coach and develop juniors to achieve high performance.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively using insight to drive activity.
- Understanding of brand development and activation within FMCG.
- In-depth understanding of the company’s current products and future concepts.
- Ability to analyse results from which can be used to come up with suitable solutions that can solve brand related issues.
- Experience of USA mass grocery/specialty channels and FMCG marketing within the USA ideal.
In return you will receive some great benefits including –
•Free car parking
•Working in an exciting fast growing company
•25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off!
•Monthly Meditation/mindfulness sessions
•Option for Private Healthcare after 6 months
Is this role for you?
If this exciting opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, apply today with your CV and cover letter and current salary.