Expand Sales of Reveal in US Mass Grocery through existing and new business
This role deals with a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to the following:
• Develop existing and new business and be the expert on assigned accounts, including clear understanding of the retailer’s needs, strategies, and objectives.
• Set and monitor net sales target goals within assigned channel, region, and/or accounts.
• Sell to USA Grocery and Mass Market customers through direct or indirect distribution while achieving objectives of retail distribution points, shelf placement, promotional activity and maintaining MSRP’s for the Reveal brand.
• Manage trade spend to stay within set budget, track and monitor on monthly basis.
• Evaluate all promotional activity for effectiveness
• Manage Broker partnerships (where applicable) to effectively complete all customer management activity to include but not limited to customer portals, all customer forms, programs, special projects, and all relevant timelines.
• Organize, host, and lead all customer meetings, including setting the meeting agenda, leading the follow up and communicate actions to key stakeholders.
• Attend trade shows and customer events as needed.
• Understand competitive landscape and market trends.
• Work closely with colleagues to align on new products, marketing strategies, and sales techniques across all category brands.
• Build and deliver retailer specific presentations for category reviews, business reviews and promotional proposals.
• Liaise with retailer supply chain team members to support any delivery/inventory needs to guarantee on-time delivery.
• Use data analysis (Syndicated data, Distributor generated data, Store Level POS, etc.) to assist in the coordination of tracking all items sales and promotional analysis to understand what best practices are for future recommendations.
• Integrate any National brand campaigns to maximize effectiveness with all customers.
• Evaluate promotions in the category to include competitors and suggest MPM Reveal actions response to remain effective.
• Provide regular summaries of total customer performance.
• Annual promotional plan for each customer to include maximum promotional ROI while proposing investment spending to meet the retail environment.
• Develop/manage account-specific promotional plan, coordinating with finance, trade marketing, supply chain, marketing, and sales management to align with brand strategies and advertising plans as appropriate.
Communication skills – Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with consumers and key stakeholders while operating and working with an international team in different time zones
Strong listening, written and verbal skills – Ability to demonstrate sales capability, knowledge and understanding of the business, products, and people
Ability to present – to present to retailers, brokers, sales and distributor reps, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
Goal Orientated – Always focused on business objectives and company goals, prioritizing tasks to deliver results
Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth. Able to understand financial impact of actions
Organization & discipline – Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks using effective time management
Effective communicator and relationship builder – Excellent communication skills are required, as working collaboratively with customers and stakeholders is a key part of the role
High attention to detail – Ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral
Open to change – Ability to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
Team Player – Comfortable working both individually and as part of a small and dynamic team.
• 5 years in direct headquarter responsibility with major Grocery and Mass Market retailers and those distributors who may service them.
• Experience in selling to major accounts with full understanding if a distributor is involved.
• Experience working in mining, reading, interpreting and then reporting out with any recommendations of syndicated data or other customer specific data.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel, Power Point, Teams. Training will be provided on in-house system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline preferred but not required.
• Understanding of the pet industry
• Knowledge of how to enter and support the conventional retailer with premium products and the associated go-to-market requirements, i.e., financial commitment, limited selection, competitive landscape, and other relevant factors.
Is this role for you?
If this exciting opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, apply today with your CV and cover letter and current salary.