The US Customer Service Manager will be responsible for leading, motivating and training the US Team Leader and their team of Business Account Coordinators and Customer Service Coordinator. Their goal is to keep the department running in an efficient manner, and to manage and continually improve MPM US customer service levels and credit reconciliation by ensuring proper tools, support, process, and communication to our retail partners and MPM teams.
This role deals with a wide variety of work tasks including, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and seeking ways to improve timely and accurate order processing, invoicing, credit resolution and communication of on-time delivery, meeting required service levels.
- Improving MPM customer service experience, creating engaged customers to support our ambitious growth targets.
- Working cross functionally to manage customer charges, penalties, and fines, improving service, and driving improvements to reduce MPM cost to serve
- Manage communication to key internal stakeholders as required, including updates on progress with new customer launches, issue resolution relating to US Customer Service and stock shortage updates as needed
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Develop internal cross-functional relationships, plus manage external relationships with key contacts within our distribution and logistics network
- Maintain and develop order processing procedures, policies, and standards
- Manage the development of the US Customer Service department to deliver the best service to this rapidly growing region of the MPM business
- Lead and manage the set-up of EDI for new and existing trading partners as well as issue resolution for existing EDI customers
- Review performance data, analyze statistics and compile accurate KPI reports
- Attend relevant cross functional meetings to help facilitate smooth running of order processing, on-boarding of new customers, and improving wider business understanding for the CS team
- Recruit, mentor and develop business account coordinators and create an environment where they can excel through on the job training, coaching and empowerment
- Manage the team to capture all reported non-conformances in the Q Pulse system within target times
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role.
- Strong customer facing communication skills – good listener able to identify, deliver and present customer-based solutions both internally and externally.
- Communication strength and leadership clarity to elevate and resolve issues at Warehouse/DC/with 3PL Partners.
- Comfort in learning and teaching new tools, portals, and process improvements to find better ways of working and communicating.
- IT literate including use of advanced Excel, as well as Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to lead teams to deliver service to meet developing business needs
- Experience working with an ERP system (Sage would be an advantage)
- Experience of working with EDI systems
- Experience of exporting and INCO terms
- Experience of logistics, operations and 3PL would be useful
- Able to identify and deliver process improvements
- Experience processing or leading credit management and resolution with retailers, transportation carriers and 3PL repayment for issues.
- Action Orientation – a self-starter who can react effectively to opportunities or issues.
- Problem solving – ability to quickly identify issues and source the right resource for timely and effective solutions
- Effective management – ability to engage and motivate teams, providing teams with the guidance and support to embrace change and including remote management
- Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information in a timely manner
- Time management – Uses time efficiently, and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines
- Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience
- Understanding of US customer chargebacks and fines process including dispute management
- Insight into export of products from the USA to Canada and other applicable countries
- In depth knowledge of the US 3PL network including groupage and consolidation
Share this role: