The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for leading and motivating 2 Team Leaders and their teams of Business Account Coordinators and Business Account Support assistants. Their goal is to keep the department running in an efficient manner, and to manage and continually improve MPM customer service levels.
This role deals with a wide variety of work tasks including, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and seeking ways to improve the MPM customer service experience, creating engaged customers to support our ambitious growth targets.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Develop internal cross-functional relationships, plus manage external relationships with key contacts within our distribution and logistics network
- Maintain and develop order processing procedures, policies and standards
- Manage the development of the US Customer Service department to deliver the best service to this rapidly growing region of the MPM business
- Lead and manage the set up of EDI for new and existing trading partners as well as issue resolution for existing EDI customers
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate KPI reports
- Attend relevant cross functional meetings to help facilitate smooth running of order processing, on-boarding of new customers, and improving wider business understanding for the CS team
- Recruit, mentor and develop business account coordinators and create an environment where they can excel through on the job training, coaching and empowerment
- Ensure that consumer calls are managed and processed efficiently by the Business Account Support role
- Manage the team to capture all reported non-conformances in the Q Pulse system within target times
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role
- Strong customer facing communication skills – good listener able to identify, deliver and present customer-based solutions both internally and externally.
- IT literate including use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Able to lead teams to deliver service to meet developing business needs
- Experience working with an ERP system (Sage would be an advantage)
- Experience of working with EDI systems
- Experience of exporting and INCO terms
- Experience of logistics, operations and 3PL would be useful
- Able to identify and deliver process improvements
- Action Orientation – a self-starter who can react effectively to opportunities or issues.
- Problem solving – ability to quickly identify issues and source the right resource for timely and effective solutions
- Effective management – ability to engage and motivate teams, providing teams with the guidance and support to embrace change and including remote management
- Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information in a timely manner
- Time management – Uses time efficiently, and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines
- Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience.
Share this role: