To support the Strategic Brand Marketing Manager in planning and execution of Applaws brand activity for UK/EMEA. With specific focus on digital activation, roll out of the Applaws cat brand experience project, as well as ongoing Applaws cat and dog omnichannel brand plans and customer marketing support including retailer range reviews, NPD and activity sell-in and support.
This role requires someone with digital marketing experience, brand development, as well as energy and a commitment to learn and develop in a marketing role.
As part of your role you will deal with a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to –
• Lead and project manage the Applaws cat digital activation plan including – social, paid, SEO, influencers and KPI reporting.
• Support the UK/EMEA roll out of the Applaws brand experience project (2021-22).
• Lead and project manage the Applaws Taste Toppers (dog) digital activation plan including – social, paid, SEO, influencers and KPI reporting.
• Maintenance and development of the Applaws Taste Toppers website.
• Ongoing brand management, including updates to brand guidelines and creation of supporting brand materials, including POS, social and digital content – either through agency partners or our in-house artwork team.
• NPD stage gate involvement as the day-to-day representative for Applaws UK EMEA projects.
• Creation of range extension concepts, which are realised through the development of design briefs.
• Creation and execution of UK/EMEA B2C and B2B marketing launch plans to support NPD/E.
• Creation and execution of consistent global brand communications, in line with the overarching strategy (and activation calendar) to create multi-channel campaigns which effectively take our product and brand propositions to market.
• Provide support to our global business and the teams at remote offices, liaising with key marketing counterparts at these locations.
• Lead and implementation for UK EMEA trade exhibitions.
• Work with the Trade Marketing Executive to provide ongoing trade support to internal teams to help sell-in products: key messages/insights, CGI imagery/mock-ups, sales presentations and colleague engagement materials.
• Create UK/EMEA brand activation plans to support our major retailers, including Pets at Home and online customers (e.g. Zooplus/Amazon).
• Develop and implement internal launch plans, working alongside the product team.
• Use Test and Learn mentality to build the ideal activation plans, social media strategy, core range, NPD, design etc. for brands globally.
• Contribution to relevant meetings e.g. market delivery meetings and other scheduled meetings, including customer/trade meetings.
• Manage day to day relationships with digital, design and communication agencies, including briefing, establishing processes and building relationships to ensure accurate and timely projects delivered within budget.
• Day to day liaison with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
• To monitor each campaign to measure success and make recommendations for the future.
• Applaws UK/EMEA budget – raising POs, tracking spent and invoice processing.
• Support Marketing Manager with planning out NPD projects
• Support with the creation and execution of consistent global brand communications.
• Supports the Marketing Manager with development of the brand strategy
• Support with embedding best practice to brand compliance
• Provide key reports, but not limited to:
• Applaws digital KPI tracker/reports
• Monthly competitor activity report
• Weekly contribution to Marketing update
• Own personal role, development and career progression within the business, looking for opportunities to grow and develop.
•Brand Awareness, Penetration growth and market share
Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in a timely and effective manner.
Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience
Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth.
Effective relationship builder – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers, developing and maintaining effective 3rd party relationships gaining trust and respect, also working alongside teams in remote offices to share learnings.
Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
Effective Communicator – ability to communicate updates and issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• IT literate including use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
• Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, Facebook Ad Manager, CMS, Hootsuite and Tribe.
• Working within a fast-paced FMCG environment, there needs to be a willingness to roll up sleeves and take on new challenges as the business grows.
• Highly organised and can prioritise workloads
• Budget-management skills and proficiency
• Understanding of brand development and activation within FMCG
• Ability to analyse results from which can be used to come up with suitable solutions that can solve brand related issues.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
In return you will receive some great benefits including –
•Free car parking
•Working in an exciting fast growing company
•25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off!
•Monthly Meditation/mindfulness sessions
•Option for Private Healthcare after 6 months
Share this role: