If you’re interested in being part of a global team that is dedicated to delivering simply better pet food with natural ingredients you can see, MPM Products may just be the company for you. Our staff are a talented, enthusiastic and passionate team with a spark for going that extra mile.
“We pride ourselves on developing high-quality and innovative products for cats and dogs. Our recipes, with high quality recognisable ingredients, reflect our passion in challenging the additive-filled products that some multinational brands offer to consumers.”
This is a unique opportunity for an FMCG-savvy individual to shape and develop the role of Category Management within a fast-paced and fast-growing global business. With genuine global remit and the opportunity to travel to markets across the world, this role offers an exciting development opportunity for someone looking to bring their skills to help lay foundations and then grow with our business.
To provide reporting, analysis and insights which shape & support Category Management activities throughout the business and across all regions (EMEA, USA, ASIAPAC)
To support the evolution of the Category Management function across the business
To be a true global resource – flex time & focus against agreed business priorities for maximum impact and best in class results: i.e. agile working.
Day to Day Process/ Meetings 25%
Agile Priorities 50%
As part of your role you will deal with a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to –
- Provide key regular category reports for use across the business by region and channel:
- Utilising a variety of reporting platforms eg) PowerBI/ Nielsen/ Quantium/ Sainsbury’s Self-Serve/ Pets at Home
- Across a number of key category metrics: Share, growth & 5Ps: Price, Promotion, Product (range), Place (Space & Display) and People (shopper)
- Trackers for NPD/ key commercial initiatives/ brand health checks
- Build & develop standardised reporting across the regions & business
- Work closely with Sales Administrators and Account Teams to optimise shared business reporting
Analysis & Insights:
- Ongoing analysis and interpretation of data to provide meaningful and actionable insights
- Contribute to and present at internal/ external business forums
- Provide internal teams with appropriate category analysis, insight & presentation support to sell-in MPM agenda to the customers
- Support category range review & JBP process to deliver compelling insight and sales story for MPM in key customers
- Work with Account Teams and Regional Leads on key strategic objectives and projects
- Work with internal and external Account Teams to provide regular category updates, insights and growth-driving category initiatives
- Contribute to and attend customer meetings as required
Global Category Strategy & Plan
Support development of strategic category plan:
- To influence planning in these areas:
- Annual Business & Commercial planning
- Brand & Marketing
- Innovation & Product
- Sales & Account
Be a data & insight champion globally:
- Champion and educate the use of data within the business and how it is used to add value.
- Liaise with data suppliers when required
- Act as a category advisor within the business
- Support individuals to upskill MPM’s capability within data and analysis.
Work closely with the Product Team to deliver:
- Insight-driven Stage Gate proposals
- Insight driven brand, pack & price strategy
- Category competitor mapping
- Along with the Global Head of Category & Leadership Team, flex the Category Management resource to work in an agile manner across the global business: ie flexing the focus to deliver optimum performance, maximum impact and best in class results according to agreed business priorities.
- Organisational skills – highly organised and methodical approach
- Effective communicator – ability to build strong relationships, communicate internally/externally.
- Time management – uses time effectively to manage a busy workload with the ability to prioritise important tasks
- Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in a timely and effective manner
- Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience
- Action Orientation – a self-starter who can react effectively to opportunities or issues.
- Commerciality – able to understand and evaluate commercial scenarios and be able to present case to wider business audience
- High level of self-supervision, organisation & discipline – full preparation for meetings, prioritization of work, delivery of meetings & timely agreed follow-up.
- Problem solving – having the ability to solve problems in a calm and rational way and come up with solutions.
- Category Management experience, branded or own label
- Already operate in a retail environment or FMCG in a role that requires analysis
- Analysing data providing insights, delivering reports and coming up with suitable solutions/recommendations.
- Good presentation skills for both external & internal business meetings.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of effective merchandising and space planning practice is desirable.
- Experience of working with and manipulating data sources such as Nielsen is desirable.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate global office time difference.
In return you will receive some great benefits including –
- Free car parking
- Free gym
- Working in an exciting fast growing company
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off!
- Modern offices
- Monthly Meditation/mindfulness sessions
- Discounted Products
- Option for Private Healthcare after 6 months
If this exciting opportunity sounds the fit for you apply today.
No Agencies Please.
Share this role: