To deliver sales & profit of MPM products to, and manage the relationship with, new and existing customers as identified.
This role deals with a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to the following:
• Direct account responsibility for delivering profitable sales growth in your key customers. Working with key stakeholders (i.e. category managers, assistant category managers, and customer demand planning and supply chain contacts) to achieve relevant KPIs.
• Building collaborative, cross-functional relationships to ensure our customers consider MPM as their partner of choice to drive category growth.
• Drive MPM brand, ranging, NPD and distribution, instore & online, to maximize sales and margin.
• Analyze EPOS and category data alongside Category and Product to identify and influence ranging and development decisions.
• Create and execute a robust promotional plan.
• Analyse promotional effectiveness in relation to volume, profit, competitor set and pricing mechanics across MPM and key customers.
• Lead cross-functional teams to deliver customer range reviews and brand planning sessions, as required.
• Review and maintain accurate forecasting across all key customers.
• Review and process all customer claims.
• Managing spend within trading terms and budget.
• Ensures all key stakeholders sign off for all customer pricing.
• Communicate regularly, and in a timely manner, with Supply Chain to ensure volume forecasts for base, promotion, NPDs and new listings are up to date.
• The sharing of forecast and actual sales performance as part of our internal Stage Gate process.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Category to execute win/win solution for customer reviews.
• Develop and implement promotional plans by customer, feeding volumes into the Sales forecast (see above).
• Work closely with Brand Manager to negotiate and implement Trade and Consumer marketing plans instore, online and through customer specifical tools e.g. loyalty cards, citrix optimization.
• Weekly report to GM ANZ to share previous week’s highlights, issues & results.
• Monthly reports to GM ANZ detailing drivers of previous monthly/YTD/YTG performance vs. Budget across Sales and Spend.
• Monitor stock levels and lead communication on supply issues internally / externally.
• Turnover, Spend % and GSV as part of the Account P&L.
• Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Excellent Communication skills: Ability to clearly articulate updates and issues with both internal & external stakeholders and work collaboratively to find the best outcome
• Strong presentation skills: Deliver compelling presentations for both external & internal business meetings
• IT literate: Competent to use Excel & PowerPoint along with experience of working with customer data. Full training will be given on in house systems
• Strong listening, written and oral skills: Effective communication skills with a proactive approach to understanding of the business, products, and people.
• Sales Experience: To include minimum 2 years KAM and/or NAM experience together with competencies around category reviews and ability to manipulate large data sets
• Organisational skills: Highly organised and adopts a methodical approach to their work
• Time management: Uses time effectively and efficiently to manage a busy workload with the ability to prioritise important tasks, work well under time pressure and to set deadlines
• Attention to detail: Ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in an effective manner
• Learning and development: Seeks feedback and learns from experience as well as proactively seeking opportunities to learn and develop
• Open to change: Able to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
• Team Player: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a cross cultural team
• Commercial Acumen: Ability to understand and evaluate commercial scenarios, the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth
• Financial Acumen: Understands key profit drivers, ways to improve ROI & financial promise
• Effective account management/client focus: relationships are key to the success of this role and the ability to form valued partnerships
• Action Orientation: Self-starter who can react effectively to opportunities or issues
• Confident negotiator: Able to tackle difficult objections and create positive buying environment
• Focus on execution: Assess in-store needs and work with marketing teams to develop POS/media plans for customers
• High level of self-supervision & discipline: Full preparation for customer calls/meetings, prioritization of work, delivery of meetings, nutritional training & timely agreed follow-up
• Educated to Degree Level
• Experience in Pet Food Industry
Share this role: