|To support product development within the innovation team. You’ll translate strategy into product concepts, ideas and features, and follow product development from start to finish.|
As part of your role you will deal with a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to –
- Regional understanding of consumer, market and competitive insight and translates into concept and product opportunities
- Portfolio management (product lifecycle) for specific projects
- Specific project delivery, through creation of project teams and using the business resource to successfully complete project or innovation delivery
- Monitoring performance of new products
- Completes competitor and market mapping including Nielsen
- Completes weekly marketing reports and internal comms
- Management of the product sample room, including logging and cataloguing samples, physical corporate collateral, and back office sample room.
- Supporting tools for product development, including mock ups, the resource library, product bibles and organisation of artwork.
- Support the planning of NPI/D projects
- Support Innovation delivery from full end to end lifespan (concept creation through to removal from the businesses range)
- Understand the importance of and supports regional specific competitive, pricing, profitability analyses, which are used to support the Senior Product Manager to recommend strategies that will improve the business’s product’s market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition.
- Execute regional core range by market as advised by the Senior Product Manager and Programme Manager.
- Supports with development of strategy and strategic priorities within the Marketing & Brand function
- Aid in the development of new and developed versions of existing products and in the development of new product ideas based on analysis, experience and interaction with consumers and prospective consumers.
- Supports development of pack design, brand guideless and claims, executing pack copy, creating briefs on Esko and acting as an approver.
- Escalate issues and risks within owned projects to the Programme Manager and Senior Product Manager as needed
- NPI and NPD processes to drive continuous improvement, and ensure that product development has an effective voice in the delivery processes
- Provide key reports for use within the NPI and NPD process including, but not limited to:
- Progress with development of products
- Plans, timescales and estimated costs associated with product development activity
- Actual cost vs budget information
- Information as required for stage gate meetings and project doucmentation
- Effective Communicator – ability to communicate updates and issues
- Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs, and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth
- Effective relationship builder – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers, developing and maintaining effective 3rd party relationships gaining trust and respect.
- Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
- Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience
- IT literate including use of Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized and can prioritise workloads
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively using insight to drive activity
- Understanding of product development processes from within the FMCG industry
- Ability to analyse results from which can be used to come up with suitable solutions that can solve product related issues.
In return you will receive some great benefits including –
- Free car parking
- Free gym
- Working in an exciting fast growing company
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off!
- Modern offices
- Monthly Meditation/mindfulness sessions
- Discounted Products
- Option for Private Healthcare after 6 months
Share this role: