To direct product development globally for strategic based projects to ensure return on investment (ROI). You’ll translate strategy into product concepts, ideas and features, and follow product development from start to finish.
As part of your role you will deal with a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to –
- Regional understanding of consumer, market and competitive insight and translate into concept and product opportunities
- Innovation delivery from full end to end lifespan (concept creation through to removal from the businesses range)
- Portfolio management (product lifecycle) for regional specific range
- Project delivery, through creation of project teams and pulling the business resource to successfully complete project or innovation delivery
- Regularly performs regional specific competitive, pricing, profitability analyses, which are used to recommend strategies that will improve the business’s product’s market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition.
- Monitoring performance of new products
- Completes competitor and market mapping
- Support the planning of NPD projects
- Definition of regional core range
- Supports with development of strategy and strategic priorities within the Marketing & Brand function.
- Aid in the development of new and developed versions of existent products and in the development of new product ideas based on his experience and interactions with consumers and prospective consumers.
- Promotional planning advice
- Price planning advice based on competitor analysis
- Supports development of pack design, brand guideless and claims
- •Innovation and NPD processes to ensure that product development has an effective voice and influence in the delivery processes
- Provide key reports for use within the Innovation and NPD process including, but not limited to:
o Progress with development of products
o Plans, timescales and estimated costs associated with product development activity
- Effective Communicator – ability to communicate updates and issues.
Commercial Acumen – understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth.
- Effective relationship builder – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers, developing, and maintaining effective 3rd party relationships gaining trust and respect.
- Time management – uses time effectively and efficiently and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
- Personal Learning – seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience
- IT literate including use of Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and clarity when communicating with audiences at all levels including managing and developing the relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Highly organised and can prioritise workloads
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively using insight to drive activity
- Understanding of product development processes from within the FMCG industry
- Ability to analyse results from which can be used to come up with suitable solutions that can solve product related issues.
- Experience with managing/delivering projects
In return you will receive some great benefits including –
- Free car parking
- Free gym
- Working in an exciting fast growing company
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off!
- Modern offices
- Monthly Meditation/mindfulness sessions
- Discounted Products
- Option for Private Healthcare after 6 months
Share this role: