Expand Sales of Applaws in the US
This role deals with a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to the following:
• Develop and build relationships within new and existing accounts and become the expert on assigned accounts, including clear understanding of the retailer’s needs, strategies, and objectives.
• Set and monitor net sales target goals within assigned channel, region, and/or accounts.
• Sell to pet specialty and natural grocery channel distributors or direct to retailer to achieve maximum retail distribution and optimal shelving, pricing and promotional merchandising for the Applaws brand.
• Manage trade spend to stay within desired budget, track and monitor on monthly basis
• Manage Broker partnerships where applicable to effectively complete all administrative forms, programs, resets, or projects necessary.
• Organize, host, and/or attend customer/client meetings, both nationally and internationally, including meeting agenda’s, follow up, and actions to key stakeholders.
• Attend trade shows and open houses.
• Understand competitive landscape and market trends.
• Work closely with colleagues to align on new products, marketing strategies, and sales techniques across the brands.
• Build and deliver retailer specific presentations for line reviews, programs, mid-season updates.
• Liaise with retailer Replenishment Managers to support any delivery/inventory needs to guarantee on-time delivery.
• Use data analysis (Syndicated data, Distributor generated data, Store Level POS, etc.) to assist in the coordination of promotional plans & display allocation suggestions.
• Integrate national promotional and marketing plans into each account’s promotional plan.
• Evaluate the performance of all promotions including those from our competitors.
• Provide regular summaries of total POS performance vs. prior year same period.
• Annual promotional plan for each respective account to maximize sales opportunities by having the right product, in the right quantity, at the right time.
• Develop/manage account-specific promotional plan, coordinating with finance, trade marketing, marketing and sales management to align with brand strategies and advertising plans as appropriate.
Communication skills – Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with consumers and key stakeholders while operating and working with an international team in different time zones
Strong listening, written and verbal skills – Ability to demonstrate sales capability, knowledge and understanding of the business, products, and people
Ability to present – to present to retailers, brokers, sales and distributor reps, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
Goal Orientated – Always focused on business objectives and company goals, prioritizing tasks to deliver results
Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth. Able to understand financial impact of actions
Organization & discipline – Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks using effective time management
Effective communicator and relationship builder – Excellent communication skills are required, as working collaboratively with customers and stakeholders is a key part of the role
High attention to detail – Ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral
Open to change – Ability to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
Team Player – Comfortable working both individually and as part of a small dynamic team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• 5 years in retail field sales and direct account responsibility, with a minimum of 5 years of pet and/or natural industry
• A minimum of 2-4 years’ work experience in pet industry is preferred
• Experience working with syndicated data or category management preferred
• Passion for and knowledge of the pet foods industry with a personal commitment to the standards of food quality, ingredients and certifications
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel and Power Point and accustomed to working with CRM systems. Training will be provided on in-house systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline preferred but not required
• Experience with the nation-wide pet-specialty and natural grocery distributor network and knowledge of distributor requirements for new products and on-going annual support programs preferred but not required
• Knowledge of how to enter and support the conventional market with natural products; understand the differentiated go-to-market requirements, i.e. financial commitment, limited selection, competition with other pet to natural competitors
Is this role for you?
If this exciting opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, apply today with your CV and cover letter and current salary.