The Sales Managers purpose is to build profitable sales at new and existing accounts across the Food and Natural Channels.
This role deals with a wide variety of work tasks including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and build relationships within new and existing accounts and become the expert on assigned accounts, including clear understanding of the retailer’s needs, strategies, and objectives.
- Achieve net sales target goals within assigned channel, region, and/or accounts.
- Sell to Food and Natural Grocery channel distributors or direct to retailer to achieve maximum retail distribution, optimal shelving, pricing and promotional merchandising for the Reveal brand.
- Utilize data to support category management efforts.
- Develop/manage account specific promotional plans.
- Manage trade spend to stay within desired budget, track and monitor on monthly basis
- Manage Broker partnerships to drive sales and to effectively complete all administrative forms, programs, resets, or projects necessary.
- Lead customer/client meetings, including meeting agenda’s, follow up, and actions to key stakeholders.
- Attend industry and customer trade shows where appropriate.
- Understand competitive landscape and market trends.
- Work closely with colleagues to align on new products, marketing strategies, and sales techniques across the brands.
- Build and deliver retailer specific presentations for line reviews, programs, mid-season updates.
- Liaise with retailer Replenishment Managers to support any delivery/inventory needs to guarantee on-time delivery.
- Liaise with other internal MPM departments effectively. Operations, Category Management, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role.
- 5+ years of direct account responsibility within CPG within Food / Grocery Channel
- Passion for and knowledge of the pet foods industry with a personal commitment to the standards of food quality, ingredients and certifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – particularly skilled in Excel and Power Point
- Ability to use syndicated data (ie. Nielsen, Custom POS, etc) to build compelling selling stories and category management principals.
- Ability to develop and execute effective promotional plans
- Able to travel to accounts, meetings and shows when needed (40-50% post pandemic)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline
- Experience working in the pet industry
- Central or West location
Share this role: