To support the overall Shopper Marketing Manager in delivering the shopper marketing plans across FDM and Pet Specialty. This role will support the development and execution of customer activation plans and ongoing customer support (Pet Events / Digital Coupons / Displays / Demos / POS / On site tactics e.g., Paid search, Digital banners).
This role will also act as a support between Sales and Marketing teams, within the wider business and be a key marketing representative for all brand and shopper activation plans across both Pet Specialty, FDM, and omni-channels
This role deals with a wide variety of work tasks including, but not limited to the following:
- Understanding customers to market and find new ways to strengthen brand presence in their stores and online.
- Assessment of shopper marketing opportunities at assigned retailers and development of customer shopper marketing plans for them.
- Understanding of digital marketing placements and specifications to efficiently execute digital shopper marketing activations.
- Manage the assigned customer specific marketing budget.
- Maintain the database with shopper promotions and activity.
- Nurturing relationships – internally across all MPM functional teams and externally with customer buyers, customer marketing teams, agencies, and brokers.
- Building and execution of customer communication strategy – converting warm leads into customers and driving continued excitement and engagement with existing customers.
- Gather competitive intelligence and analyze the impact on the market.
- Briefing in creative assets for shopper marketing executions across customers, digital/omni-channel platforms.
- Work with external partner on printed collateral, including product comps for retailer meetings
- Supports the US Shopper Marketing Manager with overall strategic development of the product brands and portfolio.
- Work with Product Marketing and cross-functional teams in development of innovation pipeline and NPD launches. Managing specific requirements to develop a compelling story including competitive position, product/ packaging specifications, target pricing, promotional and merchandising support.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to present compelling brand, product, and marketing program presentations to buyers (attend line review meetings as needed) – driving excitement and understanding with our customer partners.
- Supporting development of annual customer communication strategy.
- Support at Trade Shows through the year.
- Provide key reports for use within the business including, but not limited to:
- Supporting build of weekly USA activity report
- Monthly strategic review of USA activity
- Promotional activity evaluations
- Monthly competitor reviews
- Supporting the build of quarterly marketing presentations
- Budget reports
- Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in a timely and effective manner in a high-paced environment.
- Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience.
- Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth. Comfortable with a wide range of data sources.
- Effective relationship builder – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers, developing, and maintaining effective 3rd party relationships gaining trust and respect, also working alongside teams in remote offices to share learnings.
- Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
- Effective Communicator – ability to communicate updates and issues. Manage complex stakeholders across time zones.
- Marketing within food drug and mass or pet speciality
- Omni-channel (POS, Digital marketing -social media, display, etc) marketing experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Skilled in communicating clearly both orally and in writing and flexing style for all levels of the business internally and externally.
- 1-2 years’ experience ideal.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic, exceptional organization skills and strong project management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Open to business travel.
Share this role: