If you’re interested in being part of a global team that is dedicated to delivering simply better pet food with natural ingredients you can see, MPM Products may just be the company for you. Our staff are a talented, enthusiastic and passionate team with a spark for going that extra mile.
We currently have an exciting full-time permanent opportunity within the Technical Team to ensure that we continue to produce cat and dog food using the finest human grade food ingredients, which are produced in factories around the world which meet human food quality & hygiene standards. In addition to managing all product data for all regions.
As part of your role you will deal with a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to –
- Own & manage all MPM technical data in the various formats.
- Own the MPM technical product spec form ensuring it is up to date, compliant with company values and legal frameworks and completed correctly by the factories, storing them in a public folder with clear navigation and access for all.
- Issue change notifications to relevant people if changes are made to a technical or marketing spec & manage version control.
- Understand and manage the banned ingredients list.
- Create technical pack copy for all NPI and artwork changes to an agreed template, based on the agreed production specification.
- Supply technical information for the product bible to marketing and update as specifications are updated or amended.
- Supply correct technical information as needed for registration documents.
- Review concept and final artwork to ensure technical pack copy is accurate and reflective of the product.
- Assist with export & registration documents with the requested technical specs.
- Work with Regulatory to ensure all labelling is correct and compliant for local export markets.
- Following liaison with the product team, advise factories and third parties on recipe creation or recipe amendments to deliver product which meets MPM’s standards, whilst effectively following change control processes.
- Contribute answers to technical questions asked of MPM from Customers or consumers.
- Aim to be the voice of good nutrition and healthy food for MPM.
- Work closely with regulatory to deliver relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provide technical info. on ingredients, products and processes for internal and external use on comms and packaging. (information for claims)
- Provide the business with info on nutrition updates.
- Keep up to date with professional knowledge of any new technical information through research and attendance at conference e.g. PFMA, AFFCO, Fediaf
- Responsible for the company’s base level understanding of nutrition.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Ability to organize yourself and your tasks to meet the demands of the business.
- Excellent communication skills are required as working collaboratively with customers and stakeholders is a key part of this role.
- Uses time effectively to manage a busy workload with the ability to prioritise important tasks.
- Desire to learn and develop to take on further responsibilities in the future.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment.
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience of working in a technical/quality role and FMCG.
- Experience in quality systems such as BRC, new product development and supplier development.
- Educated to Degree Level is desirable.
- Knowledge of (pet) food industry is desirable.
- IT literate including use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and outlook.
In return you will receive some great benefits, including:
- Free car parking
- Free gym
- Working in an exciting fast growing company
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off!
- Modern offices
- Monthly Meditation
- Discounted Products
- Option for Private Healthcare after 6 months
Share this role: