Provide support to the USA Supply Chain Team, ensuring we have adequate levels of stock to fulfil the needs and growth of the business
This role deals with a wide variety of work tasks including, but not limited to the following:
Supply Planning and Forecasting Support:
- Input the demand forecast into supply plans and plan orders to ensure that stock holding, and stock availability are at the desired levels.
- Raise Purchase Orders on Sage 200 and send to suppliers.
- Amend, cancel, and defer Purchase Orders where required.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure orders are shipped correctly and on time.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Forecaster to identify stock issues and adjust the demand forecast where required (i.e., products selling under and over forecast).
- Actively work to reduce stock issues by transferring stock between warehouses, derogating short shelf-life stock, and carrying out repacks where required.
- Communicate effectively with Sales and Customer Service Teams to ensure customers are made aware of any stock issues.
- Review the feasibility of new customer launches.
3PL (Third Party Logistics) Management:
- Provide 3PL (Third Party Logistics) providers with inbound forecasts to ensure unloading capacity is in line with expected company growth and stock holding targets.
- Provide support towards 3PL (Third Party Logistics) expansion planning.
- Liaise with 3PL (Third Party Logistics) providers to ensure that deliveries are booked in accurately and on time.
- Book deliveries into Sage 200 and investigate stock discrepancies on Goods Received Notes.
- Arrange transfers between warehouses and to Amazon Distribution Centres.
- Report any non-conformances to the Technical Team.
Internal and External Comms:
- Act as Supply Chain representative at the Scottsdale Office along with the US Planning Manager, facilitating effective communication with the Manchester UK Head Office.
- Co-host weekly Inventory Meeting between Supply Chain and Sales Team.
- Supply Chain representative for USA Customer meetings and USA Trade Shows.
- Technical – proficient use of Microsoft applications – Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills – ability to interpret and understand complicated information and systems.
- Communication skills – ability to clearly and concisely communicate with suppliers and key stakeholders within the business (often with conflicting priorities).
- Ability to use initiative/make independent decisions – i.e. reviewing the feasibility of new customer launches.
- Solution driven/logical problem solver – i.e. dealing with issues in a new market that may have not arisen before.
- Flexibility – required when dealing with stakeholders in different time zones.
- Relevant experience of working in a FMCG Supply Chain Planning role with some 3PL (Third Party Logistics) management and forecasting experience.
- Systems – Sage 200 or similar system.
- Documentation – experience of dealing with shipping documentation and import procedures.
Share this role: