To support the overall Americas Marketing Manager in delivering the shopper marketing plan for Applaws. This role will be responsible for developing and delivering of customer activation plans and ongoing customer support for Specialty and online channels (Pet Events / Digital Coupons / Displays / Demos / POS / On site tactics e.g., Paid search, Digital banners).
Building relationships with customer marketing teams and being the US customer point of contact. This role will act as a conduit between Sales and Marketing teams, get the USA agenda front of mind within the wider business and be a key marketing representative for all brand and activation plans across Applaws brand.
Creating trade/shopper marketing programs that are easy to share with and execute in partnership with the independent pet store channel.
- Assessment of shopper marketing opportunities at each retailer and development of customer shopper marketing plans for the specialty channel (digital strategic focus).
- Understanding of digital marketing placements and specifications to efficiently execute digital shopper marketing activations.
- Understanding customers in all channels to market and find new ways to strengthen brand presence in their stores and online
- Translate brand strategy into shopper marketing plans for Applaws brand.
- Build and execute customer specific programs that align with brand objectives to drive retail activities in support of the company’s growth and profit objectives.
- Review and translate analytical data (channel/customer) into actionable tactics to support Retail Business Development.
- Ensure brand consistency and adherence to Brand and Communication Guidelines.
- Manage the customer specific marketing budget.
- Maintain the Nerve Center with shopper promotions and activity.
- Create the vision, enthuse others, and execute the plan.
- Develop process and analytics for pre- and post-promotional analysis.
- Nurturing relationships – internally across all MPM functional teams and externally with customer buyers, customer marketing teams, agencies, and brokers.
- Building and execution of customer communication strategy – converting warm leads into customers and driving continued excitement and engagement with existing customers.
- Gather competitive intelligence and analyze the impact on the market. Publish monthly reports.
- Supports the Americas Marketing Manager with overall strategic development of the product brands and portfolio.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to present compelling brand, product, and marketing program presentations to buyers (attend line review meetings as needed) – driving excitement and understanding with our customer partners.
- Supporting development of annual customer communication strategy.
- Support at Trade Shows through the year.
- Work with Product Marketing and cross-functional teams in development of customer specific requirements including competitive position, product/ packaging specifications, target pricing, promotional and merchandising support.
Provide key reports for use within the business including, but not limited to:
o Supporting build of weekly USA activity report
o Monthly strategic review of USA activity
o Promotional activity evaluations
o Monthly competitor reviews
o Supporting the build of quarterly marketing presentations
o Budget reports
Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information and collateral in a timely and effective manner in a high-paced environment.
Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience.
Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth. Comfortable with a wide range of data sources.
Effective relationship builder – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers, developing, and maintaining effective 3rd party relationships gaining trust and respect, also working alongside teams in remote offices to share learnings.
Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
Effective Communicator – ability to communicate updates and issues. Manage complex stakeholders across time zones.
• FMCG experience – shopper marketing
• Omni-channel (POS, Digital marketing -social media, display, etc) marketing experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong relationships with stakeholders.
• Skilled in communicating clearly both orally and in writing and flexing style for all levels of the business internally and externally.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong work ethic, exceptional organization skills and strong project management to ensure deadlines are met.
• Open to business travel.
• Mailchimp, Hub Spot
Is this role for you?
If this exciting opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, apply today with your CV and cover letter and current salary.