To contribute to the overall product portfolio strategy and deliver product development needs ensuring a high return on investment (ROI). You’ll translate strategy into product concepts, ideas and features, and follow product development from start to finish.
This role deals with a wide variety of work tasks including, but not limited to the following:
- Contribute to the 3–5-year product pipeline through the uncovering of regional gaps within current ranging and development of EPD ranging proposals.
- Understands consumer leads, market and competitive insight translates into concept and product opportunities
- Regional sales and category analysis to support range portfolio decisions for NPD, EPD and discontinuations
- Creating scope plans to drive and shape the category in collaboration with the regional sales and brand teams
- Innovation delivery from full end to end lifespan (concept creation through to removal from the businesses range) including but not limited to constructing supplier product briefs and product profitability documents, product sample review, packaging and photography briefs and approval and contributing to Stage Gate documentation
- Regularly performs competitive pricing reviews which are used to recommend strategies that will improve the business’s product’s market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition.
- Concept testing planning and execution including management of given budget
- Supports the Senior Innovation Manager/ Marketing Manager – Innovation & White Space with the execution of the product portfolio
- Escalate issues and risks within owned projects to the Programme Manager and Head of innovation as needed
- Price planning advice based on competitor analysis
- Troubleshooting of any development issues as required arising through NPD / EPD projects
- Supports development of pack design, brand guideless and claims
- Innovation and NPD processes to ensure continuous improvement in tools that effects the delivery of products.
- Provide key reports and weekly updates at regional NPD meetings for use within the NPI and NPD process including, but not limited to:
- Progress with development of products
- Plans, timescales and estimated costs associated with product development activity
- IT literate including use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook – full training will be given on in house systems.
- Highly organised and can prioritise workloads.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and clarity when communicating with audiences at all levels including managing and developing the relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively using insight to drive activity.
- Understanding of product development processes from within the FMCG industry.
- Ability to analyse results from which can be used to come up with suitable solutions that can solve product related issues.
- University degree or 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Product management experience.
- Commercial Acumen – Understands the impact of costs, and has a focus on profit when driving sales growth.
- Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently, and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines.
- Personal Learning – Seeks feedback and reacts / learns from experience
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Understanding of product development processes from within the FMCG industry
Share this role: